DIY Collage Notebook and Wall Art




Recently, I put a poll on Twitter, asking you what posts you wanted to see more of. Let's be honest, it was a huge fail, on my part, because only one person voted! Thank you to whoever that was!!! And, as they chose DIYs, I decided to make you guys this post! I l❤ved making these items and I was sceptical as to whether I was going to use them in a post, or not, (depending on their success). However, here's the post so I must've been happy with them! 😂


DIY Collage Notebook


I literally cannot explain to you how pleased I am about how this turned out. This would be super cute to take to school or use for work to brighten up your day! To make it, it is SUPER easy but a little time-consuming. 

1. You may want to hand-draw your hexagons so that you can have complete control over the size and pattern on your notebook. If you can't be bothered- like me 😉- I have created this image for you to use, instead. Just print it out in a document, A4 size.


2. My notebook was already black so, if your's is not, I would not is when you would need to paint it with acrylic paint and leave it to dry. Meanwhile, you can do the 2 next steps...

3. Find loads of prints and pictures from an old magazine and take out the pages. I went for a black/green colour scheme but you don't have to have one at all! 


4. Cut one of your hexagons out from the pre-made sheet, making sure you only cut one line whilst getting to it so that you can use the excess paper later as a template. Use the hexagon template you just made to lay on top of the patterns to see what it will look like when you cut the shape out. Use Bluetack to stick the actual hexagon that you cut out onto where you've decided where you want it. Cut the hexagon out of the patterned paper (Repeat until you have enough to cover your book).


5. If your notebook is dry, stick the hexagons on with Bluetack to arrange in the pattern you want.

6. One by one, glue the back of each hexagon and smooth down with a ruler (I used a set square) as you go. I happened to have some left-over decoupage glue, so I used this and it worked super well! Make sure to wipe up any excess glue that's showing because it ruins the overall effect.


7. Once all are done, go over the top with a big brush and paste glue across the top. I took the cover off of the notebook so that it could be completely covered, even across the holes at the edge. I went as far as glueing the back as well so that they both looked as shiny. I have to say that the glue I used dries so fast!




8. Pop the covers back on and you're done!! I am so happy with the outcome of this!!! ❤



DIY Collage Wall Art!


My original idea was inspired by LaurDIY's video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5l3lLLCNyN4 . Which has tons of great ideas in it- go check it out! I was planning on doing something slightly different but, it failed 😂. So, instead, here are my tips and my recreation of her wall art! 




1. Follow the steps 1-4 from the previous DIY apart from the fact you'll need different shapes. I used a set square to get the perfect shape each time.

2. Next, you will need to chose the triangles that you're going to use. I went for a beachy, seaside look to remind me of holidays! Bluetack them in a diamond shape.


3. Glue one corner of your first triangle and make sure you place it exactly where you want it. This time it doesn't matter if you get glue on the canvas because it's not black and won't show up. Glue the canvas underneath where the rest of the triangle is going to go and smooth it down with your fingers.

4. It is best to do it this way because you get more air bubbles if you do it all in one go.

5. Repeat stage 4 with the rest of the triangles. Once you've completed that step, I did a layer of decoupage glue across the whole canvas with a bigger brush to give it a more finished, shiny look.




That is it for today,guys! I really hope that you will try re-making one or more of these and don't forget to post it on Twitter and tag me in it or just let me know how it went, here!Go and hit that 'Follow' button for updates when I next upload! We are so close to having 30 followers (currently at 29 over both Blogger and Bloglovin!!!) so to that one person that's reading this and not yet following, please hit that button!!!!!!

Stay tuned for more,
Elly😅



My previous post: May Must-Haves 2018








Comments

  1. Very professional - and quite time consuming I should think - well done you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! It was quite time consuming!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

January Must Haves 2019

September Must Haves

Update! - What's In My Makeup Bag May 2018