Fairy Light Photography

As one of my new year goals, I have been keeping it by experimenting with photography. Therefore, in a previous post, I was asking if anyone knew anything about RAW photography as that has been one of the main things I have been investing in so.... if you know anything let me know!



Around Christmas-time, I took a lot of photos of fairy-lights as there are so many pretty, twinkly shots everywhere because everything is covered in them! I really wanted to share them so we can share tips (if you have any-let me know!). I am fully aware that my photography is no where near professional but I love taking photos and sharing them as then I can find ways to improve and better my skills! Tag me in any photos on Twitter (@ellycuriousword) and Instagram (@ellycuriouswords) if you take any fairy-light photos!




This first photo I took, like the others outside, at dusk giving a really nice contrast between light and dark. I have edited all these photos which I did in Adobe Photoshop Express on my PC. Still on this topic, I have been trialling different softwares for editing that are free because I wanted to see if there was one out there before paying a tonne of money for photoshop or an alike app.

To take these photos, I used my Canon EOS 1300D on the setting 'Creative Auto'. Using the 'Darker' effect on stage two, it stopped the photo from being blurry or grainy in the low-light condition. I also had background blur to the maximum setting as well as turning the flash off. These probably aren't the perfect setting but it's what I used for each of these photos.


Here is the original image: the unedited version...



  


For the next two photos, I experimented using a white, brick wall as a background and using contrast to make the fairy lights stand out. If I was to do this again, I think I would edit the top image again with less exposure so it would make it darker.



I did basically the same for this image except in front of some green leaves and half white wall. To be honest, I don't like the way the edited version of this came out because in the original I liked the green alongside the orange but when editing, I somehow lost this feature. But even still, I like this image, too.



For a bit of a different effect, I went inside and used our colour-changing waterfall lights as a background with an object as the main subject.




If I had to pick one as my favourite, I love the way the point shoe photo came out because it has a really cool dark/light effect from how the light was bouncing off the shoe. With some blurred orange lights in the foreground and blue on the back wall, it creates warm and cool tones which contrast really nicely. I'm really happy with this picture.





These photos, I personally think, came out nicely because they're more clear than the other ones but I love the colour in the background. All three of these pinecone photos are unedited.



Heavily edited but another one of my favourites, the pointe shoe being blurred this time and fairy lights are the centre of attention, being at the front. It is quite grainy but I do really like the way this image came out.


That's all for today! Please let me know if you have any tips or if you decide to take some fairy light photos using either social media or the comments! I really hope you enjoyed this post and if you did don't forget to check out my social medias (linked below) and hit that 'follow' button to be notified when I upload weekly, every Monday! I can't wait to see you guys again next week!

Stay tuned for more,
Elly Xx

I just realised... all those sentences in the paragraph above have exclamation marks at the end of them- haha!!




















My Latest Post: January Must Haves 2019!










MY LINKS (Click on them!) :

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Must Haves 2019

September Must Haves

Update! - What's In My Makeup Bag May 2018