DIY Rustic Wall Art

As you may know, I posted an unsuccessful poll on Twitter, asking you guys what you wanted to see more of. The result came out as DIYs so, to thank that one person for votingπŸ˜‚, I'm going to do one last DIY post before moving onto something else. So, here it is, my DIY Rustic Wall Art.




1. First of all, you need to find loads of pages from old magazines that match your colour theme that you have decided on.


2. Cut thin strips about 10cm by 5cm, making sure that the colour you want is at least on one side. It will also have to be at the edge of the slip of paper.



3. Roll them up, lengthways, so that they will turn out to be the hight you want the spirals to be and secure with sellotape. Then, roll them the opposite way and once again, secure with a piece of tape, making sure it doesn't get on the top of the spiral.

4. You will now need to make a frame out of balsa wood by cutting the base to the right size and then the sides with a craft knife. Stick together with a hot glue gun.

5. Draw the shape you want, in pencil, onto the base and fill it in with differently sized spirals until your shape is complete. Secure them down as you go with hot glue.





6. Find a piece of rustic string and glue it onto the back of each frame, one by one until they're all attached. Loop the last bit of thread back onto the back of the top frame and secure with glue.




7. Wait until dry and hang up on your wall!


If you decide to recreate this, tag me in your Twitter pictures so that I can see for myself! I'd love to know that you guys are recreating my ideas and then, being able to have them in your house! Please remember to hit that 'Follow' button for updates when I upload; go check out my Twitter and Bloglovin, too (all linked at the bottom of the page). Comment down below what colour scheme you would choose for your design!

Stay tuned for more,
Elly😜





My previous post: June Must-Haves 2018






MY LINKS (Click on them!) :


My Pinterest Account

My Recolour Account Name: EllyCuriousWords

Comments

  1. Brilliant and I am proud to think a small part was made by me 😘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! And thank you to those people who helped me create it!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

January Must Haves 2019

Cosy Night In Pamper Session

September Must Haves