Suitcase Packing and Hacks

Wow. Guys, you have been AMAZING this week! So many big things have happened all thanks to the YHA for retweeting my last post. We had an impressive 141 views to my last post which is huge compared to what we would normally get. Thankyou YHA!!! In addition, the last time I checked we had 1040 views to my tweet! (Find their Twitter, which I have linked at the bottom of the page). To fit with my previous post, I decided to give you a little guide to packing your suitcase along with hacks that I think could come in really handy!



1. Put larger items at the base of your suitcase. This saves space and allows you more room and flexibility as to what you pile on top. For instance, if you place your towels at the bottom; then put a large, floaty dress above it- you also then

have room to squeeze your smaller items down the sides with there still being room to fit your many makeup/washbags in as well!

2. Before filling, make sure you lay everything out on your bed or on the floor so that you can make sure you have everything you need without having to dig around in your suitcase and ruin the way you have already organised it!



3. You need to find an online packing list. I found one here, which is incredible as it lets you personalise it so that you know exactly what YOU are going to need without forgetting anything. There are many more lists online, too.

4. Burrito outfits are an amazing idea. I found this idea on Youtube and decided I had to put it in here. I have used this hack sooooo much and it is amazing. 

Basically, you lay out an outfit that you have selected for one day, fold it so that all items have a width of about a pair of jeans folded in half. Then, either fold it in half first, lengthways, if it is really long or just begin to roll it up until you are left with a little clothes burrito! They fit so much more easily into a suitcase than folded-up clothes and you know exactly what you're going to wear each day.



5. To organise any cables that might be coming in your hand-luggage, if you wind them around a wooden clothes peg, clamping the larger ends inside it, your cables will not manage to get tangled. Also, so you don't lose them, why not put them in a sunglasses case?




6. If you have many different people's cables in your bag and you want to prevent them from stealing your's, 😂 I stuck a small piece of washi tape around the end of my camera lead to claim it as my own! Even if no one does decide to borrow your cables, it helps you determine which cable is which.






7. To stop everything in your bag from being chopped up, place binder clips over the head of your razors. Yes, I know, the binder clips didn't fit this razor I found at the back of the cupboard, but, you get the point. 😅


8. Last, but not least, the most annoying thing when travelling is when your necklaces get entwined with each other. To save straws from going straight into the sea, you could reuse them to keep your necklaces organised. Hopefully, you will be using paper straws rather than plastic ones. I decided to use a plastic one just to show you that they can be reused!



Don't forget to hit that follow button, go check out my links (down below), YHA's Twitter and comment down below where you're going this summer!

Stay tuned for more,
Elly😉






My previous post: Travel Guide: Ironbridge




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Must Haves 2019

September Must Haves

Update! - What's In My Makeup Bag May 2018