Dishes To Go Alongside Your BBQ

As it is BBQ season, I decided it was about time I did another food post seeing as last time I did one the views on it were crazy! Also, a bit of self-promo, This time three weeks, I will have been blogging for a WHOLE year so make sure to follow if you haven't already and check out all my social medias (linked at the bottom) so that we can make our little community as big as possible within one year!
I always struggle to think of things that you can cook to go alongside a BBQ so, for that reason, I'm here with a few ideas.

Avocado Fries 



I was a bit unsure as to how these would turn out but they ended up being delicious so it was well worth the risk. Avocado fries are basically strips of avocado, baked in bread crumbs that taste like chips. I was inspired by an article online but I've put my own twist on them.

You will need:
2 Avacados
4 tbsp Olive Oil
3-5 Slices of bread
1 Egg
Salt and Pepper
Plain Flour

First, preheat the oven to 200°C before finding a baking tray and spooning 1 tbsp of olive oil inside.Then, smear it around the base and sides to grease the tin.

Use a blender to turn your slices of bread into breadcrumbs and put them in a large bowl. Add 3 tbsp of olive oil.

Use a separate bowl to crack an egg in and another to pour about 2 handfuls of flour into.

Cut the 2 avocados up into 8 pieces each and season with some salt and pepper.
To coat the avocado slices in breadcrumbs, first, you will need to dip the avocado slices, one at a time into the flour, then the egg before coating it in the breadcrumbs mixture. Place in the tray round side down. 

Cook for 20-30 minutes before seasoning with salt and pepper.
Now you're ready to serve! I recommend dipping them in a sauce- Heinz tomato ketchup worked really well!







Ben's Cous Cous

Cous cous doesn't have to be that plain boring side dish, fill it with colour and flavours to compliment the other dishes around it!

It is so easy to cook! Throw in some tomatoes, red pepper, cucumber- anything you want- be creative!



That's another week done and dusted, another just beginning! Please be sure to leave a comment telling me of any other dishes I could add to my list in the future and hit that follow button!!! My social medias are linked below!

Stay tuned for more,
Elly😏


My previous post: July Must-Haves



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Must Haves 2019

September Must Haves

Update! - What's In My Makeup Bag May 2018