I Tried 7 Beauty Hacks- First impressions

This idea came to me and now I feel like this could be a series- what do you think? Read the post then comment 'Series Please' if you'd like to see more of these. P.s. there's a special announcement at the bottom of the page! Eeeeeee!!! Without further ado, let's get started...



Mix foundation colours

This might be a really obvious one- I don't know- but you don't have to stick to the makeup shades created. If you're slightly paler or more tanned than one shade but not enough so for the next, mix them until you have a perfect consistency. I recommend only mixing enough for each day because you might be more tanned one day to the next. This worked really well for me.


Using moisturizer as a primer

At first, I was sceptical about how well this would work because I thought it would leave my foundation looking streaky and greasy. However, it just gives it more of a smooth finish and lets it last way longer. 



Fine-toothed comb for eyebrows and eyelashes

At the moment I don't own eyebrow or eyelash combs so what I use is a fine-toothed comb. It works but I suspect you would get a better outcome using the actual tools. I'll let you play around with it to find out- let me know how it goes by using my Twitter (@ellycuriousword) and Instagram (@ellycuriouswords) handles or just tell me in the comments.





Triangle concealer under your eyes

To make sure you cover the bags under your eyes and not just highlight them, be sure to draw an isosceles triangle with the shortest side directly under your eye and its tip reaching to just below the start of your cheekbone. This helps to stop you from looking quite so tired and just basically brighten up under your eyes.



Bumps after shaving- baby oil

To be honest with you I don't actually know exactly what this is meant to do- haha. It makes my legs smoother I guess.

Apply foundation on the centre of your face and blend out 


This is meant to prevent you looking like you're wearing a mask but when I did this, most of my foundation stayed in the centre of my face and I couldn't get it to go much further so my face ended up looking really cakey. This might just be the foundation I use but it may also just be that the hack doesn't work. Try it out because if it does end up working it could be a holy grail hack.


Darker eyeshadow to lighter



This isn't really the same as the others but I thought I'd put it in anyway... There are tonnes of guides on the internet, Pinterest, Instagram and places like that that tell you where the best areas are to put different tones of eyeshadow. For instance, it looks better if you put a lighter tone in the corner of your eye rather than a darker one.



Guys, guys, guys!!!! This time next week I will have been blogging for a year! Make sure to come back on Monday because I will be double uploading with a special post as well as a normal one!! I can't wait!! To try and make our community as big as possible within the first year: hit that 'Follow' button; check out my social medias (down below) and don't forget to comment whether you'd like this to be a series or not! 

Stay tuned for more,
Elly😆


My previous post: Beach Photography












MY LINKS (Click on them!) :

Instagram
Twitter
Pinterest
Curious Words on Bloglovin
My Bloglovin Account
Recolour







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Must Haves 2019

September Must Haves

Update! - What's In My Makeup Bag May 2018