Positive Winter Morning Routine

Good afternoon everybody! Seeing as we're now in winter, getting up in the morning is so much harder as it's dark outside (unless you get up really late!). I like to try and make my mornings as positive as possible and obviously you can't do everything I mention in this post every single morning but you can involve one or two every now and again like I do! Here are my tips for a positive morning routine!



The first thing I would do in the morning after getting up- my personal favourite- is lighting candles. I have always loved the smell of candles, scented or not and I feel like lighting one as you straighten your hair or do your makeup just adds a bit of atmosphere creating positive vibes and a cosy atmosphere on a dark, rainy morning. 



I currently don't have any scented candles however unscented candles work just as well! I think I might try to expand my collection this winter; have you got any recommendations? Let me know in the comments or via my social medias (Instagram: @ellycuriouswords / Twitter: @ellycuriousword)!





As your bedroom is the room you begin the day in, why not decorate it for the festive season. My room isn't always the first place I think to decorate as the rest of the house is the place we spend most of our time in, but if you think about it, your bedroom is where you start your day so why not make it positive? Last year I purchased a mini Christmas tree which I wrote a post on as part of my Blogmas series and I still use it to this day! Alongside tonnes of fairy lights, I like to use decorated pinecones and unique decor as well as my aforementioned tree to make my room as festive as possible.



My favourite company to look for new lights from is Lights4fun where they have so many options and amazing variety for great prices. This means that the second thing on my agenda would be to turn on all my fairy lights and decorations.

Before I begin my makeup or do my hair, I tend to get dressed and pick out a wintery outfit which might just be one of my favourite parts of my routine. In winter, I love chucking on oversized jumpers and jeans as just being all nice and cosy! Then, I feel like I always have to do my hair before my makeup to get it up, out the way of my face so 
I would normally do a half-updo-topknot which can be styled with most outfits and makeup looks. I find that this works best with 2 or 3-day old hair. I think it is pretty obvious what the next step is, so as you probably guessed it's applying whatever makeup look I decide to do on that specific day. I believe I will be uploading a winter makeup tutorial on the 24th of December so keep your eyes peeled for that! For the final puzzle piece of your appearance, why not pick a scent? There are so many amazing wintery/Christmas scents out there if you don't already have one and you don't have to splash too much cash to smell amazing.



Now for the tasty bit! For breakfast, I feel like my perfect winter meal would be a hot chocolate with all the trimmings (cream, marshmallows and if you're lucky a candy cane on the side!) alongside a bowl of porridge and brown sugar. Obviously, you couldn't have this every day as it's not exactly the healthiest meal in the world and you probably wouldn't enjoy it as much and it wouldn't be such a treat!




This section may not appeal to everyone and it may not be relevant to everyone's day but if you're working from home or just having an errand day, what I would do is plan out my day. 'What do I want to achieve today?' etc etc. Personally, I find this really enjoyable and satisfying when you have completed all your jobs at the end of the day rather than having an ongoing list which you never get to the bottom of.





I have loved writing this post and I cannot wait to see what you guys think of this! Don't forget to hit that 'Follow' button, share with friends and check out my social medias linked below! 
Stay tuned for more,
Elly Xx



My Latest Post: November Must-Haves 2018









MY LINKS (Click on them!) :




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Must Haves 2019

September Must Haves

Update! - What's In My Makeup Bag May 2018