Bringing In The Harvest

It is the end of summer and the fruit on the trees is just ready to be harvested. That's the case in my household, anyway! I always love the fresh, fruity smell of bags and bags of apples, pears and who knows what else that has been grown! 

This year we had crops coming in in little bursts all year round: peas, beans, tomatoes🍅, courgettes etc.. At the beginning of autumn is when we begin to receive the fruit (my favourite crop!) and that's what I'm going to share with you today!

It all began about the 10th of September when we brought in our first load of pears. These were given to friends, neighbours and relatives! Eventually, the apples🍎 began to get ripe and the sweetcorn🌽 had risen to above our heads and far beyond. 

Soon, the mass of produce was being brought inside and stored, given to people we knew- the amount was vast! When we were able to try our first lot of tasty, home-grown fruit I took some photos and here's a few:



It's much better than your original load of shop-bought stuff!

But even I have to admit that is tasty!😁🤤

To get yourself started, growing your own foodstuffs, head to a garden centre and either find some seeds or buy an already part-grown tree. I opted for the already part-grown tree for the fruit but began from scratch with the corn!🌳 If you already do, tell me about it in the comments!

I hope you enjoy your autumn and maybe your home-grown fruit/veg! 

Stay tuned for more,
Elly 🍰

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Must Haves 2019

September Must Haves

Update! - What's In My Makeup Bag May 2018