Felt Decorations- Blogmas No. 20- 2017

I know that I have been doing a lot of crafty things on my blog recently but, even still, I thought that I might share yet another one of my creations and teach you how to make it! So here's how:



Even though I have made a robbin; reindeer; heart; gingerbread house; gingerbread man and a Christmas pudding, I am only going to show you how to make the gingerbread man because I figured that you could work out how to make the others on your own!

__________________________________________________
  • Needle
  • White embroidery thread
  • Red embroidery thread
  • Scrap fabric/cushion stuffing
  • Thin Ribbon (roughly 1cm wide)
  • Small gold/black beads
  • Wiggly white ribbon
  • Paper
  • Scissors
  • Pen
  • Light brown thread
  • Sewing pins
__________________________________________________
1. Draw a gingerbread man shape on paper and when you are happy with the shape, cut it out with scissors.
2. Fold your brown felt in half and pin your template onto the top before cutting around it to make two identical shapes!
3. Grab your wiggly white ribbon and start by sewing it onto the inside of one of the arms.
4. Stich it around the sides and onto the front.
5. Continue to sew it around the back until you reach the other side where you need to tuck it back inside and sew it there.
6. Don't forget to do this with all its arms and legs! Next, stitch on its eyes and mouth.
7. Fold the sides of a piece of ribbon in and place it on the front of your gingerbread man for a bow tie. Sew it on the middle with a couple of stitches before doing a few little but tight ones in the middle to make it curve in and make a bow.



8. You now need to blanket stitch around the majority of the gingerbread man, leaving a gap to stuff him. And yes, you guessed it. The next job is to stuff him. I used scrap fabric but you could use cushion stuffing!
9. Attach a little loop of ribbon to the top so that you can hang it up!



If you have enjoyed this post, let me know by telling me your favourite item on this garland in the comments! Also, don't forget to click that 'Follow' button. You may have to press the button with three lines in the top left corner of your screen when you are on a mobile device!
Stay tuned for more,
Elly😇

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

January Must Haves 2019

September Must Haves

Update! - What's In My Makeup Bag May 2018