My Christmas Stairs- Blogmas No. 22- 2017

Two days until Christmas! Yeah! I know it's a bit late to put up decorations but it took me a while to make this...



It is really magical walking down the staircase on Christmas morning to find all your presents under the tree. So, if you would like to recreate my stairs design, follow these simple steps!
For the twine stars:



  • Twine
  • Cardboard
  • Sticky tape
  • Scissors
  • Glue gun (optional)
1. Start by cutting out some cardboard in the shape of a star.
2. Secure an end piece of string to the star near a corner with some sticky tape and wind the string around the top of the star's point and slowly bring it down, attaching it with some glue from the glue gun every so often to keep it firmly in place. This is the way I would recommend to do it but if you don't have a glue gun- like me- tape the back to keep everything in place- this way is very likely to fall apart fast.



3. Do this to each prong (is this the right word?😕) without cutting the twine. You can do this by securing it in relevant places so that it's in the right place to start.

4. When you've done this, wind the string (still don't cut it) from various corners to other corners so that the middle becomes covered and the cardboard is no longer visible.

5. If necessary, attach a loop of twine to the top to hang it off your stairs!
For the Garland:
The garland is simple because all you have to do is cut out little holly-leaf shapes and stick them to a bit of rustic string (the stuff used for the stars). It takes a while but is well worth it in the end. One thing I didn't do was make them double-sided so that could be something you do instead so that they look fantastic all the way around!

For the Lights:
I used warm, white lights to put up the bannister and where the cable came to the floor, I taped it up so that no one would trip!
Order of putting them up:
To start, wind the lights up the stairs because then you don't have to worry about squishing everything else. Next, the garland and then the stars.
It would probably look even better if you used a proper garland consisting of things like fake ivy and berries! 
If you have ended up recreating this look, tell me in the comments or tell me how you've decorated your stairs this Christmas! Also, don't forget to click that 'Follow' button for me, this Christmas!
Stay tuned for more,
Elly😺

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Must Haves 2019

September Must Haves

Update! - What's In My Makeup Bag May 2018