My Top 10 Favourite Christmas Songs- Blogmas No. 9- 2017

Hello and welcome back to my blog! As we are well into December, I thought I might kick off with my top ten favourite Christmas songs! And here they areπŸŽ„:

  

10. Walking In A Winter Wonderland


I remember learning this song at primary school and having to sing it with the choir, which I was only in for a short time and regret leaving it. I enjoy this song for the fact it is so peaceful compared to other Christmas songs and describes the 'Perfect' Christmas.



9. Jingle Bell Rock


I was going to be putting this in here anyway but I am ashamed to say that I don't actually know who sings this so I couldn't find the exact one- SORRY!!!😒 However, I don't think I haven't heard a version of this song that I haven't enjoyed so far!

8. Frosty The Snowman by Michael BublΓ©


I can't say I've known about this song for very long but I found it a bit before the start of this December and have been listening it on loop ever since. Childish yet sophisticated. I love it.πŸ’š

7. It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas by Johnny Mathis


Quite a few of my favourite Christmas songs are fairly old and this is one of them. I have chosen this to be in this blog because it has a very classic feel that I can't get enough of at Christmas time. In addition, it reminds me of Christmas films and- if you didn't know already- I LOVE Christmas films!!!🎞



6. Merry Christmas Everyone by Shakin' Stevens

A fantastic song to get up and boogie to this winter! With things you can relate to, it creates that perfect Christmassy atmosphere for anyone and everyone to enjoy!

5. Santa Baby by Eartha Kitt 

Even though Ariana Grande has created a more modern version of this song, I still enjoy the less new one more. I don't know what it is about it that I like. If 
you haven't heard this song already, be sure to check them out. I have put some links at the bottom of this post if you want to have a look.



4. Christmas Wrapping by The Waitresses

Starting with what sounds like it's going to be a rock song, it turns into a great, upbeat song with amusing lyrics. For some reason, the fact that the singers sound like they're not interested in singing the song, for me, makes me enjoy it even more!   

3. Last Christmas by Wham!πŸ’–


Last Christmas comes in third, for me, because, once again, I have many memories associated with this song. One key memory to do with it was when I was a lot younger, I remember standing in my kitchen singing this song and showing off my groovy moves to my Mum and it being one of the first songs that I could remember all the words to!  

2. Rocking Around the Christmas Tree by Mel and Kim

As well as being joyful (which I guess comes into this, too) it's a great idea to let your Christmas spirit flow through dance and song! This song is perfect to do this to because the tune is so bubbly and exciting and great for a partyπŸŽ‰!!!

1.πŸ‘― All I Want For Christmas by Mariah Carey


During the Christmas season, I believe it's a really good time to be joyful and have a lot of fun and this song does just that.That is one of the reasons this is my favourite Christmas song! It is so moving yet so quick and joyful to help to get spirits up.



If you want to find these on YouTube, just search up the names that I have put in Italic, Bold Purple writing (the titles). I hope you have enjoyed this post and if you did, don't forget to click the 'Follow' button and tell me your favourite Christmas song in the comments!

Stay Tuned For More, 
EllyπŸ’¬

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Must Haves 2019

September Must Haves

Update! - What's In My Makeup Bag May 2018